Thursday, May 08, 2008

Name Dilemma

What do you do when you have a name picked out for your child and then you find out (6 weeks before you are due) that a childhood friend of your husband's named his child the same thing? The kid is about 18 months old and we just met him for the first time last weekend and learned his name. Brett's brother is really good friends with this kid's dad and Brett has known him a long time. Do we still name him the name or do we change it? We have been calling him it the whole pregnancy almost.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You name him what you want! How many times a year or in the next couple of years will you spend with these people? Probably not much, so just name your kids what you want and don't worry about it!

Anonymous said...

A good friend of mine is naming her daughter Lilith and calling her Lily, just like me! I don't care though, I love the name and it's what I have wanted to name her since Nathan and I met. So just go with it! Or maybe you should tell me the name and I could help you decide. I wouldn't tell anyone! Promise.
;o)

Anonymous said...

You'll know as soon as that child is born if the name you have chosen is the correct name. God picks that name even though you may not realize it and believe me it fits. Do you realize how many friends I have that are named Debbie? Go with what you have chosen.