Wednesday, June 25, 2008

After Baby Weight Loss

So I gained 34 pounds while I was pregnant. Not bad from what I am told. I guess the thing that bothers me is that I lost 30 pounds in the 2 years prior to being pregnant due to Brett's wonderful diabetic diet. all the work I did to lose the weight went down the toilet. On the flip side there was a good reason for it!

I stepped on the scale this morning (10 days after giving birth) and I only have 6 pounds to go until I am back to my pre-pregnancy weight. The problem - my clothes still don't fit. I am still wearing a pair of my pregnancy shorts (which were too big when I was pregnant). All my proportions have shifted. Looks like even when I lose the weight I will still have to get a new wardrobe!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes that is very good. Thank God you're not like your mother when it comes to weight gain and pregnancy!!! Yes your body is different now. Give it time girl... don't go out yet and buy new clothes. At least wait for the 6 week check up. That's why they have it. It takes time for your body to get back to normal. It doesn't happen in 10 days.

Anonymous said...

I waited until my 6 week check up and still had to buy new clothes. Ugh! It is for good reason though! Can't wait to meet your monkey!