Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Registering Nightmare

They always tell you when you get married that registering is so much fun.  I tend to disagree.  This has been the most annoying part of the whole wedding activities.  First of all, I do not like to shop so I did all my registering online.  I didn’t even step foot into a store for any of the registering process.

Then there is the fact that we really don’t need anything.  Brett has lived on his own for a really long time so he has everything you need to establish a household.  The stuff we did register for was basically to update some of his appliances and make them ours.  We also chose some things that you wouldn’t buy for yourself (seafood utensils).

Today I was asked if we had registered for everyday china or silverware.  I told the person no and they asked why.  I explained that we both had dishes and that we had gone to Ikea (I love Ikea) and bought a set for $26.  They seemed a little upset by this.  I am sorry if that is what you wanted to buy us but there are a bunch of items you can purchase if you really want to get us something.

Don’t get me wrong – I am happy that people want to share in this moment with us but we are not all about the gifts.  I would rather not have them because it will be one less thing that we will have to pack each time we move.

No comments: