Monday, December 12, 2005

My First Real Christmas Tree

Everyone has their first - first love, first job, first house... Well this weekend I experienced my first live Christmas tree. Growing up we always had a fake tree. Every year we would trek up to the attic and drag out this huge box with all these fake limbs that you had to insert into the "trunk". Once that was done, Mom would string on the lights and then it was a free-for-all with the ornaments. Let's just say I always let my brothers do the decorating. I truly do not like tree decorating.

Whenever we asked my mom why we had a fake tree her response was that she was not responsible enough to water the darn thing. She just wanted the simple tree that took forever to put together but that did not need any watering.

So when Brett found out that I never had a real tree he made it his goal to make sure this year I got one. We went to Home Depot (not where I thought we would go but hey this was my first time) and picked a very nice tree. We got it home and put it up and the first thing I did was water the thing. I will not be my mother and let it die or cause a fire (that was her other excuse). Brett put up the lights and then I of all people got stuck putting on the ornaments. I still don't like doing it but I figured since this was my first real tree and our first Christmas actually together I wouldn't complain.

And here is the final outcome.....


No comments: