Friday, May 19, 2006

Marriage...And All the Paperwork

The deed is done. Brett and I tied the knot and now I have to deal with all the paperwork. Guys don't realize how "easy" they have it. They get married and go on with their lives. Women have to do all this paperwork to change their whole life.

The first thing I had to do was change my driver's license. There really wasn't much paperwork with that. Then I had to go and get put into the "Military system". Again, not much paperwork. However to change all my bank accounts, credit cards, social security number, and anything else that has my maiden name on it I have to submit a letter (sometimes notarized) and a copy of my marriage license.

You would think it would be a little easier to change. I guess there is a reason for why they make it so difficult. I think this will be one of the tasks I tackle when I am in Cleveland for the month of June.

No comments: