Saturday, October 15, 2005

Weekend of Nothing

Today is such a beautiful day and what am I doing but sitting inside and watching football and working on wedding stuff. You would think we would be out on the boat enjoying the end of the summer weather but no we are inside.

Why do we say that we are going to do one thing and then spend the day doing other things? We said if it was nice we would go boating. We said we would take my ring to get cleaned. We said we would go grocery shopping. We said (okay Brett said) we would go looking for a motorcycle for my birthday. Have we done any of that today....NO!!

I am sure we are going to do these things eventually this weekend but we never seem to do them when I want to do them. It is always on someone else's terms. I don't think that is very fair. I guess I have to get better at voicing what I want to do and when I would like to do it. I think we need to get better at compromising.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not that you asked me for my opinion, but if I were you and I wanted to do something....I would tell him! How will he know it bothers you unless you tell him? Then again...I run into people with my car, so I might not be a good source...