Thursday, November 10, 2005

Pain in the Heart

Today I am going to the doctor for this little pain I have been having in my chest. Ok, it isn’t little it is big (and no it is not my fiancé). I have been having it for about 3 weeks and it has progressively gotten worse. It isn’t there all the time. I can go all day without it and then right before I go to bed I feel it. It is almost paralyzing.

At first Brett wasn’t too concerned. He thought it might be a spasm or something. But the more I keep having them the more concerned he is getting. I am 30 years old – I should not be having chest pains. Especially since I workout almost every day and watch what I eat.

So me being me I started to think (maybe a little too much) about what could be causing the pain. Here is what I have come up with:



Tied to my high blood pressure diagnosis

  • When I went to the doctor about 2 months ago they took my blood pressure. It read 140/100 which is high I guess. The doctor made them take it again and it was 134/100. Since the bottom number did not change, the doctor told me to go get it checked out. Guess what – I never did.

Anxiety


  • Maybe I have anxiety. Maybe all the worrying I have been doing about Brett’s “computer friends” has finally caught up with me. I looked up signs of anxiety online and of course I thought I had most of the symptoms. However, chest pain wasn’t one of them.

Pulled Muscle


  • Brett thinks that maybe I pulled a muscle. I don’t think that is it at all. This does not feel like a pulled muscle. It is my heart or something around it. (Though technically the heart is a muscle so maybe he is right)

Spasming Vessels


  • I could also be blood vessels that are having spasms. I have had this before but it seems to have become more frequently in the last 3 weeks.

Stayed tuned for the long procedure (I am sure) to diagnosis what is really wrong with me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yikes! I hope you are ok! Keep me posted! It's not like you are stress-free, that's for sure...