Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Weekend Road Trip

This weekend we are going on a road trip. I love road trips. I wish this one was under better circumstances but we will make the best out of it while we are gone.

Brett’s cousin, Peter, has been moved to The University of North Carolina Chapel Hill for some of the procedures on his arm. For all those out there that do not know, Peter is a US Marine. He was deployed to Iraq back in August or September and was caught in an attack. He had major damage to his arm which they are currently attempting to repair.

We figured since Brett has a 4 day weekend and we are the closest family to him at the moment that we would go and visit and see if there is anything he needs or wants. I also think it would make everyone at home feel a little better if Brett goes down there to check him out – being that he is an Army nurse and spent a year looking at these types of wounds back in Iraq.

We also figured this would be a good time to go and visit Kevin and his family. They moved to Pinehurst, NC since Kevin is currently based out of Fort Bragg. I have only met Kevin and his family once. They came to visit us while I was in Texas when Brett got home. They hadn’t seen each other in a while but the evening was quite tame. They had to go back to San Antonio. This time we are staying there so who knows what will happen.

I am going to attempt to put photos on here when I get back. I might have to ask my friend Nikol how to do that. I am still relatively new to this blogging thing and do not know all the fun things I can do with my pages. Wish me luck!!

No comments: