Thursday, February 02, 2006

Home Alone

So Brett is on one of his week long trips. I really don't like when he goes away. I still haven't made many (if any) friends here and we have been here 8 months. I was going to go to a Xavier alumni function tonight to watch the basketball game but I decided not to at the last minute. Main reason was after doing the loan application for our condo I realized that I really should not be spending money when I don't need to.

The problem is that I should have gone. I need to be a little more proactive in trying to meet people. I know that when we move to our new neighborhood there will be many opportunities for me to meet new people. The thing is I shouldn't wait until then - I need to take steps now.

I have a habit of making excuses as to why I don't make more of an effort. I think the main reason is that I am afraid. I am afraid of going somewhere by myself and then sitting there by myself. I know that is a stupid excuse but that is how I feel. I am afraid that I won't be able to make conversation with whoever I meet.

I have always been a quiet and shy person. I tend to come across as stand office when people first meet me because I don't know what to say to start a conversation. I guess I need to find a way to overcome this so that I can make friends a little easier. I am going to have to make new friends every 2 years or so. I don't want the next place to be like it is here - the first half of it being alone.

No comments: