Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Baseball Fever

It is that time of year again - baseball season. Well, sort of. Okay it is really only spring training but that only leads to one thing - baseball season. I cannot wait. I love going to ball games. I love to watch the game and also all the different people that go to the games.

This year I will go to my first Indians' game of the season in April. Brett and I bought a block of tickets and are having the wedding party (and a few extra guests) join us on the Thursday before the wedding. Because we did it this way, we will get our names on the scoreboard and they will even take a picture of it for us. I think I am going to frame that one once we get it. I also get 2 tickets for any game during the season. Brett and I are going to have to figure out when we will be able to go to another one.

I am sure we will go to a couple of Nationals' games this year. We went to one last year and it was fun. But it isn't like being at home and seeing the Tribe play. Nothing beats that.

I am also playing softball this Spring and Summer. I have gotten in touch with the Xavier Alumni Chapter here and they have a team. I guess last year was their first year and they were 7-7. Hopefully I won't suck too bad. I didn't play last year due to the move and I am a little rusty. Oh well. At least it will get me out and meeting more people. Hopefully I won't get hurt. Maybe I shouldn't play any games before the wedding.......

PS - I am glad I have DirecTV and TiVo. MLB Season Ticket all the way!!!

No comments: