Thursday, March 23, 2006

Family Issues

Getting married is an interesting time. After you get all the tasks done and send out the invitations, you sit in anticipation to see who is going to respond first. You look forward to getting the mail everyday. You toss aside all the bills and junk and rip open the responses to see who is coming and who is not.

I have been surprised that family members are not the first to respond. There are several people of my family who have not RSVP'd yet and a couple from Brett's have not either. Some of those on my side I am really surprised they haven't responded and some I know they won't (and I really don't care about those). However, the ones who haven't and I do care about I am not sure what to think. I know we still have 2-1/2 weeks for people to return them but I would have thought they sent them as soon as they received them.

It should be interesting to see if these family members will come or not. I know one in particular that will make my mom really angry if he does not show up. I have a feeling that he won't because he will have to face all the responsibilities that he should have been dealing with over the last 2 years.

No comments: