Wednesday, March 22, 2006

The Unsaid Compliment

I was told today from a co-worker that my boss paid me a compliment. He feels we will be able to handle his whole business just the 2 of us. Are you kidding? I work for a person who manages over $75 million in assets and is in Cleveland. I live in Virginia. Does anyone see a problem with this?

I guess it makes me feel good to know he feels we (or should I say I) can handle everything. The problem is I am not sure how much longer I will keep working for him. I know I will definitely be there through July but after that who knows. I might find something in Virginia. I might change careers. The world is a big place and there are so many options.

The other thing is there is no potential for growth where I am. I could go to production but if I stay for the same company, my current boss will expect me to go in on things with him and split the commission. I don't think so. If I am doing all the work I should get all the rewards for it.

No comments: