Saturday, May 27, 2006

The Red Lobster Returns

Signs of summer are starting to appear. First the fact that it is Memorial Day weekend is a huge sign. Secondly, when my office announces the "summer hours" (which means closing at 4pm on Friday instead of 4:45pm). However the biggest sign is the sunburn that I always get no matter how much sunscreen I use.

We decided to take a break from packing and cleaning the house we have to move out of next week. The boat needed to be de-winterized and moved up to Fort Belvoir. We decided to take it up there because it is going to be so much more convenient for us. After a few minor delays (dead battery) we picked up some of our new neighbors, Chris and Katie, and took the boat out on the Potomac.

I was smart enough to make sure I had sunscreen with me. "SPF 15 should be strong enough because it isn't that sunny", I thought. I greased myself up and felt I would be fine. We brought the boat back in after a couple of hours. Once we docked, I ran to the bathroom like a crazy person. (You can only have so many beers without having to pee really bad.) I looked in the mirror and what did I see looking back, a very red face.

Now I guess I can't blame anyone but myself. I made sure to put sunscreen everywhere but on my face. But the more I think about it, even if I had put some on my face I still would have gotten burnt. It is definitely a good thing that we plan on packing and cleaning tomorrow. Today was 80 and partly cloudy; tomorrow is supposed to be 85 and mostly sunny. I wonder what would happen to me if we went out tomorrow. Might have to ponder that as I use up the rest of my Aloe!!

No comments: