Friday, January 06, 2006

Destiny to be Smaller

All my life I have been larger than my friends both in height and in weight. So now I have an opportunity to lose some of the weight that makes me a little self-conscious (since I can't lose my height unless someone cuts off my legs).

With Brett being diabetic I now have to change my whole lifestyle and eating habits. We are cutting back on all carbohydrates and sugars. So in others words, we are on a strict South Beach Diet. I also have to get into a good workout routine and not do what I did this morning. Normally Brett gets up and goes to workout before work. When he does this I get up too and go and workout on my own. Today he decided to sleep in. I should have gotten up and went anyways but I didn't - I just laid there. And now I have no motivation to go and workout. Instead I started working. There is something wrong with this picture.

I have an appointment next Friday with my mom's personal trainer. I am ready to get my butt kicked and put back where it belongs. I tried to see a personal trainer here but I felt nothing after the exercises she gave me. I know I will hurt (in a good way) after meeting with Kelli. She is also going to help me with diet recommendations due to Brett's needs.

My goal is to lose at least 15 pounds by the wedding and no more than 25 through out this whole year. That will get me down to where I was in high school but hopefully will be all muscle so I don't look emaciated like I did back then. Sometimes I forget that since I am 6'2" I am allowed to weigh a little more than the normal woman.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hear ya on the working out thing! I need someone to kick my ass!!