Sunday, January 01, 2006

Flower Girl Troubles

A girl always dreams about their wedding. They know exactly what they want regarding flowers, dresses, decorations, etc. I am not one of those girls but I do know what I want when it comes to my flower girls.

I decided to have all 3 of my little cousins and Brett's 2 nieces in the wedding. I wanted their dresses to be different than the normal flower girl dresses and I wanted them to transition from the bridesmaids' dresses to my dress. After months of looking and even trying to find someone to make them from scratch, I chose a 2 piece black and white dress that was similar in style to the bridesmaids' dresses.

Now I am dealing with my aunt and uncle who have to pay for 3 dresses and waited until 2 days before the ordering deadline to say something to me about the price. I admit they are a little expensive for a little girl's dress but they can use it after the wedding either together or as individual pieces. I think the thing that bothers me the most is that they didn't say anything when I was home for Christmas. They had the perfect opportunity a bunch of different times and they said nothing.

Brett's mom had already paid for one of his nieces' dresses and they are nonrefundable. So the decision is made - either they buy the dress or the girls aren't in the wedding. Now unbeknownst to them, my mom and I paid for 2 of them so all they have to pay for is 1. I don't think they have anything to complain about now.

No comments: