Saturday, January 07, 2006

Life in the South

I wouldn't officially call Northern Virginia the south but considering where I have lived all my life it is to me. The fact that I spent a Saturday in the beginning of January raking leaves is amazing to me. Today the temperature was in the mid-40s - a little chilly but not too bad.

We decided to clean up the back yard while it was nice and we had some time. Both of us will be gone next week and Brett needed some exercise since he didn't workout today. It took us a couple hours to rake up what was back there (and clean up Pepper's mess). The thing that amazes me is that since November we have raked up 15 50-gallon bags of leaves. That is quite a few.

Though I loved being out side I was not thrilled with the hardworking. I will be the first one to admit that I was spoiled as a child and was not responsible for doing hardworking. That was my brothers' job and when they got too old to be doing it and left home my parents hired someone to do it for them.

No comments: